The curriculum at CRGS Sixth Form is personalised to each individual. It offers a flexible approach for students, facilitating the most appropriate programme of study and opportunities for future paths. The curriculum also reflects our philosophy and aims to encourage students to:
- Develop lively, enquiring minds capable of original thought and well-balanced critical argument.
- Become confident, independent learners well-equipped for lifelong learning.
- Derive enjoyment from their learning which should extend their intellectual capacity, develop their interest and stimulate their curiosity.
- Embrace the many opportunities afforded by developments in information and communication technologies, whilst fully accepting the responsibilities that go with using them properly.
- Engage in a broad programme of experiences which enable them to appreciate their cultural inheritance and understand more about themselves and the world in which they live.
- Develop the capacities to make informed, rational and responsible decisions and to work in ways which enhance their self-respect and sensitivity to the needs of others, particularly those less advantaged than themselves.
- Develop a range of reasoned beliefs and values and a sympathy and respect for those held by others, which will prepare them to become considerate and responsible citizens.
Our Sixth Form curriculum offers students the opportunity to study A Levels and reach the highest possible standards of attainment. On offer is a diverse range of 26 A Levels.
We give students a free choice of subjects and then plan our timetable based on their choices.
All students study linear A Levels which are examined at the end of the two-year course. In addition, students have the opportunity to undertake an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) and Core Maths. Applicants to the Sixth Form are initially asked to choose 4 A Level subjects in order of preference and they have the opportunity to discuss their choices at an Options Meeting in January-March. Currently, the majority of students start with 4 A Levels, with many deciding to focus on their three chosen subjects after a few months.
The CRGS Study Programme also includes a weekly guidance programme and a compulsory week of Work Experience.
We have received a small amount of funding from the 16-19 Tuition Fund.
Click the links below to download each document.
The subjects currently on offer at A Level are: