The curriculum at CRGS Sixth Form is personalised to each individual. It offers a flexible approach for students, facilitating the most appropriate programme of study and opportunities for future paths. The curriculum also reflects our philosophy and aims to encourage students to:
- Develop lively, enquiring minds capable of original thought and well-balanced critical argument.
- Become confident, independent learners well-equipped for lifelong learning.
- Derive enjoyment from their learning which should extend their intellectual capacity, develop their interest and stimulate their curiosity.
- Embrace the many opportunities afforded by developments in information and communication technologies, whilst fully accepting the responsibilities that go with using them properly.
- Engage in a broad programme of experiences which enable them to appreciate their cultural inheritance and understand more about themselves and the world in which they live.
- Develop the capacities to make informed, rational and responsible decisions and to work in ways which enhance their self-respect and sensitivity to the needs of others, particularly those less advantaged than themselves.
- Develop a range of reasoned beliefs and values and a sympathy and respect for those held by others, which will prepare them to become considerate and responsible citizens.
Our Sixth Form curriculum offers students the opportunity to study A Levels and reach the highest possible standards of attainment. On offer is a diverse range of 26 A Levels.
We give students a free choice of subjects and then plan our timetable based on their choices.
All students study linear A Levels which are examined at the end of the two-year course. In addition, students have the opportunity to undertake an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) and Core Maths. Applicants to the Sixth Form are initially asked to choose 4 A Level subjects in order of preference and they have the opportunity to discuss their choices at an Options Meeting in January-March. Currently, the majority of students start with 4 A Levels, with many deciding to focus on their three chosen subjects after a few months.
The CRGS Study Programme also includes a weekly guidance programme and a compulsory week of Work Experience.
We have received a small amount of funding from the 16-19 Tuition Fund.
Click the links below to download each document.
The subjects currently on offer at A Level are:
|Browse the Subject Information Sheets||Watch a short video from the Head of Learning||Email the Head of Learning with your questions|
|Art and Design||Mr Matthews||ArtDesign@crgs.org.uk|
|Classical Civilisation||Mr Westworth||Latin_Classics@crgs.org.uk|
|Computer Science||Mr Latty||Computerscience@crgs.org.uk|
|Design & Technology: Product Design||Mrs Starkie||Productdesign@crgs.org.uk|
|Drama and Theatre||Ms Elliot||Theatre-Drama@crgs.org.uk|
|English Language||Mrs Salt||Englishsixthformteam@crgs.org.uk|
|English Literature||Mrs Salt||Englishsixthformteam@crgs.org.uk|
|English Language and Literature Combined||Mr Joseph||Englishsixthformteam@crgs.org.uk|
|Further Mathematics||Mrs Mann||Mathematics@crgs.org.uk|
|Physical Education||Miss Sutcliffe||PE@crgs.org.uk|
|Religious Studies||Mr Priory||ReligiousStudies@crgs.org.uk|