Pupil Premium Programme
We would like to make all parents/carers aware of our Pupil Premium programme and the opportunities this provides for students. You may be aware that as a school we receive additional funding for students at Main School who:
- have been entitled to Free School Meals (FSM) at some point in the last six years
- are currently entitled to Free School Meals
- have parents who have historically served or are currently serving in HM Armed Forces
- have been adopted
- are in the care of the Local Authority
This funding is allocated to the school and we can decide how it should be best spent to benefit the students concerned and the wider school community. Additional information and some of the exciting projects and opportunities we have been able to offer are:
- Counselling provision on both school sites
- The mentoring programme and Student Leadership team development
- Year 7 Speaking & Listening workshops
- Literacy Development programme
- Interventions programmes to assist students with organisational skills, handwriting, spelling and reading confidence
- Contributions to school visits for eligible students
- Assistance with the purchase of musical instruments and peripatetic lessons for eligible students
- Assistance with the purchase of essential school equipment for eligible students
- Revision and study programmes on both sites- accessible to all students
We have been fortunate to be able to offer this support as a result of our current funding, but we are keen to do more. We know that there are many other areas we could develop and we are keen to enhance our student support and intervention provision for all students.
Additional information regarding Pupil Premium and details of how the Pupil Premium funding was spent during the last academic year is available here.
Please follow this link to view the school’s Pupil Premium Strategy Statement for 2017-2018.
Free School Meals
If you feel your son/daughter may be eligible for Free School Meals we would encourage you to apply using the link below. Even if your son/daughter does not subsequently take up the meals in school, we would receive valuable additional funding to develop our student support provision. If your son/daughter may meet one of the other criteria for Pupil Premium please contact Mrs Reeves in school for a discreet discussion.
Please be assured that other students would not be made aware of your son/daughter’s eligibility and this information is shared confidentially within school.
If you have any further questions about Pupil Premium please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Reeves at main school. If you believe your son/daughter may be eligible please follow this link to find out more.