At Clitheroe Royal Grammar School, we create a safe, effective learning community where each individual encounters a wide range of opportunities to reach their full potential and to excel.
We aim to encourage students to:
- Develop lively, enquiring minds capable of original thought and well-balanced critical argument.
- Become confident, independent learners well-equipped for lifelong learning.
- Derive enjoyment from their learning which should extend their intellectual capacity, develop their interest and stimulate their curiosity.
- Embrace the many opportunities afforded by developments in information and communication technologies, whilst fully accepting the responsibilities that go with using them properly.
- Engage in a broad programme of experiences which enable them to appreciate their cultural inheritance and understand more about themselves and the world in which they live.
- Develop the capacities to make informed, rational and responsible decisions and to work in ways which enhance their self-respect and sensitivity to the needs of others, particularly those less advantaged than themselves.
- Show respect for each other and all people working in the school and appreciate the diverse talents that contribute to our school community.
- Play a full part in creating a caring, supportive school environment.
- Develop a range of reasoned beliefs and values and a sympathy and respect for those held by others, which will prepare them to become considerate and responsible citizens.
- Display self-discipline and proper regard for authority.
- Foster good behaviour and avoid all forms of bullying.